Joslyn Art Museum’s Young Art Patrons (YAP) offers engaging social and educational events for a rising generation of art admirers between the ages of 21 and 40ish. These events emphasize the richness of the Museum’s special exhibitions and collections, provide exposure to a variety of music programs, and feature privileged access to the Museum’s staff and board. Young Art Patrons provides a more involved Museum experience designed to foster a lifelong commitment to the arts.
Young Art Patrons membership: $100 (valid for one year from date of purchase)
Young Art Patrons (YAP) receive all of the following benefits of a general membership to Joslyn Art Museum:
- FREE, unlimited admission to all ticketed special exhibitions
- NEW: Guest of members receive discounts on special exhibition tickets on advertised days
- NEW: Members-only opening weekends for select exhibitions
- NEW: Deeper discounts on fee-based events and programs
- NEW: Select days of the year (such as Mondays) open to members only for gallery and exhibition viewing
- NEW: Select public event will feature early-entry times for members
- 10% discount in Café Durham and the Hitchcock Museum Shop
- Special invitations to exhibition opening receptions, special events, and fundraisers
- Reduced prices for classes and events
- Invitations to members-only exhibition opening events
- Subscription to Joslyn's members magazine
- Free admission to Joslyn Art Museum and to ticketed special exhibitions
- Subscription discounts on national and international art magazines
PLUS, they receive invitations to a series of programs designed specifically for YAP members including:
- Opportunity to meet artists featured in Joslyn's special exhibitions and engage in conversations to learn more about their work
- Activities designed for young professionals and their families
- Collaborative events with other arts organizations, galleries and local artists
- Invitations to special Young Art Patrons-only events
By joining the Young Art Patrons you will help to acheive its mission of providing young professionals with art education and exposure to the arts community with the goal of fostering an appreciation for the arts.
CLICK HERE to Join or Renew your YAP Membership
Nick P. Konen (HDR) | Committee Chair
Josh Sawyer (First Christian Church) | Vice-Chair
Patricia Hawkins Stillmock (First National Bank) | Secretary
Aaron J. Konen (Corporate Ventures) | Treasurer
Robert Bauer (Baird Holm LLP)
Clint Cadwallder (Fraser Stryker PC LLO)
Audrey Dobbe (AOI Corporation)
Aaron J. Konen (Corporate Ventures)
James Ellis, D.D.S. (Omaha Dental Care)
Shinnice Guydon (TD Ameritrade)
Katie Martikainen (BravO!)
Andrew Monson (City of Omaha - Mayor's Office)
Jeanne Petty (Union Pacific)
Nick Smith (Union Pacific)
Katie Stille (Anderson O'Brien Fine Art)
Jake Thacker (Three Dog Bakery)
We are looking for new YAP Governance Committee members for the 2014-2016 term. YAP Governance Committee members are involved in planning all YAP events, helping to recruit new members and assisting with our outreach programs.
CLICK HERE to complete the application to be considered for the YAP Governance Committee.
CLICK HERE if you need any additional information or have any questions.
Completed applications must be submitted no later than October 15, 2013 @ 5:00 pm. Please note that a YAP Governance Committee position is a term of 24 months.