The Contemporary Art Society (CAS) was formed to be an integral component of Joslyn Art Museum’s commitment to contemporary art in 2001. As an encyclopedic Museum, Joslyn has provided a forum for modern and contemporary art for over eighty years. Joslyn looks forward to expanding its contemporary voice through exciting exhibitions, important acquisitions, as well as programs and activities that capture the imagination of our members and enrich our community.
Members of the Contemporary Art Society receive the following exclusive benefits:
- Ongoing dialog with Joslyn’s Director and curatorial staff
- Local events at collectors’ homes and artists’ studios
- Fascinating programs with renowned artists and guest lecturers
- Invitation for two to the Contemporary Art Society Annual Dinner and all CAP (contemporary artists project) events
- Regional, national, and international art tours
- Recognition in a special section of Joslyn’s annual report
- General Membership benefits to Joslyn Art Museum
For additional information or to join this group please e-mail the Donor Relations Manager or call (402) 933-8220.
Must be a CAS member to attend CAS events. Please call 402.933.8220 for more information on joining CAS.
The membership contribution to join the Contemporary Art Society is $1,000.00 (Your annual contribution in subsequent years will be $500.00)
Contemporary Art Society Annual
September 25, 2015
An evening with BRAD KAHLHAMER
Kahlhamer’s (b. Tuscon, 1956) paintings, works on paper, and sculptural
tableaux draw from seemingly dichotomous sources, including various Native
American tribal traditions, punk, graffiti, country western music, comic books,
and a range of art historical styles. Bringing these sources together,
Kahlhamer strives to create what he calls the “Third Place,” a mythological
world where lived experience exists alongside imagined reality. The artist will
be a resident at the Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts from September to
October 2015. Kahlhamer’s work will be featured in the Riley CAP Gallery from
November 14, 2015 – April 17, 2016.