Art Packs @ Joslyn
Go exploring through Joslyn with an Art Pack!
Visit the Scott EdTech Gallery
and check-out one of our theme-based backpacks. Art Packs are fun, educational tools for families and small school groups to use as they explore the Museum galleries. Each Art Pack contains objects and suggested activities that encourage children to look closely and learn about selected artworks within a particular theme or gallery. Designed for
groups of up to five children (ages 5-12), accompanied by at least one adult, most Art Packs can be completed in 30-45 minutes.
Mini Art Packs
Perfect for the toddler set, each Mini Art Pack includes a board book, an educational toy, and a simple gallery looking activity. Check one out for FREE.
Pre-School Art Packs
- Shape - Read Ship Shapes, looks for shapes in art, and play with a shape sorting cube.
- Big & Small - Read Opposites, look for opposites in art, and play with a unique set of building blocks.
- Near & Far - Read Where is the Green Sheep?, look for things near and far, and put together a puzzle.
These Art Packs were created for our 4 & 5 year old friends. Each pack includes several activities and a coloring project.
Try these other Art Pack adventures:
- On the Farm - Visit Stone City, Iowa in this farming adventure with artist Grant Wood.
- Ballerina - Visit the graceful Little Dancer from artist Edgar Degas to see if you can imagine yourself as a dancer.
- Hide & Seek - Take a peek at a small part of a work of art and then see if you can find the larger work in the galleries.
- Discovery Garden - Enjoy some fresh air and some amazing sculpture with this interactive Art Pack.
- Impressionism - Take a step back in time with this Art Pack. Hear the sound of horse hooves clattering on cobblestone streets and practice ballet poses with
- Sketch & Scribble - Great for all ages, this fun art pack
explores different drawing and writing techniques while looking at
several artworks in the permanent collection.
- our "tiny dancer."
- Myths & Monsters - Explore mythology throughout different cultures.
- Geotechture - Go on an adventure to find out the type of rocks used to build Joslyn Art Museum.
- Modern/Contemporary - What is modern or contemporary art? Check out this Art Pack to learn more.
- Spanish Colonial - Learn about Joslyn's Spanish Colonial Art collection by going on a treasure hunt.
Come explore the newest gallery adventure Artful
Stories. Check out a book bag; pick a piece of art from the folder
inside; and go to the gallery to start your adventure. Experience how
the art comes to life as you compare it to the story you are reading.
The Curvy Tree
I Had a Favorite Dress
What Do you Do With an Idea?
Not Just a Dot
Swatch: The Girl Who Loved Color
Fritz and the Beautiful Horses
Have questions? Call (402) 661-3860 or e-mail Joslyn's Youth and Family Program Manager.