Art Packs @ Joslyn
Go exploring through Joslyn with an Art Pack!
Visit the Scott EdTech Gallery
and check-out one of our theme-based backpacks. Art Packs are fun, educational tools for families and small school groups to use as they explore the Museum galleries. Each Art Pack contains objects and suggested activities that encourage children to look closely and learn about selected artworks within a particular theme or gallery. Designed for
groups of up to five children (ages 5-12), accompanied by at least one adult, most Art Packs can be completed in 30-45 minutes.
Mini Art Packs
Perfect for the toddler set, each Mini Art Pack includes a board book, an educational toy, and a simple gallery looking activity. Check one out for FREE.
Pre-School Art Packs
- Color - Read Seven Blind Mice, look for colors in art, and play with colorful building blocks.
- Shape - Read Ship Shapes, looks for shapes in art, and play with a shape sorting cube.
- Big & Small - Read Opposites, look for opposites in art, and play with a unique set of building blocks.
- Near & Far - Read Where is the Green Sheep?, look for things near and far, and put together a puzzle.
These Art Packs were created for our 4 & 5 year old friends. Each pack includes several activities and a coloring project.
Try these other Art Pack adventures:
- On the Farm - Visit Stone City, Iowa in this farming adventure with artist Grant Wood.
- Ballerina - Visit the graceful Little Dancer from artist Edgar Degas to see if you can imagine yourself as a dancer.
- Discovery Garden - Enjoy some fresh air and some amazing sculpture with this interactive Art Pack.
- Architecture Adventure - Put on your hard hat and get ready to find out what makes Joslyn's beautiful building a work of art!
- Sketch & Scribble - Great for all ages, this fun art pack explores different drawing and writing techniques while looking at several artworks in the permanent collection.
- Impressionism - Take a step back in time with this Art Pack. Hear the sound of horse hooves clattering on cobblestone streets and practice ballet poses with our "tiny dancer."
- Myths & Monsters - Explore mythology throughout differnt cultures.
Have questions? Call (402) 661-3860 or e-mail Scott EdTech Gallery Coordinator.