About Bodmer Society
Joslyn Art Museum’s Bodmer Society was named after Karl Bodmer, the remarkable artist who accompanied Prince Maximilian’s 1832-34 expedition to North America. The Bodmer Society, Joslyn’s most prestigious patron group, was created in 1999 to foster interest in Western and Native American art. The Bodmer Society’s membership dues support projects for Joslyn’s Margre H. Durham Center for Western Studies, an invaluable resource for students and scholars of Native American and Western art, as well as those who appreciate this genre.
Members of the Bodmer Society receive the following distinctive benefits:
- Personal access, by appointment, to Joslyn’s varied collections, which include the largest extant holdings of art and archival material related to the important 1832-1834 Maximilian-Bodmer expedition
- Opportunity to attend presentations by and discussions with noted Western and Native American scholars and artists
- Invitation for two to the annual Rendezvous Dinner
- Opportunity to preview or receive a sneak-peek of important new publications and exhibitions produced by the Margre H. Durham Center for Western Studies
- Regional, national, and international art tours
- Semi-annual newsletter featuring upcoming programs, Center projects, exhibitions around the country, and stimulating book reviews
- Recognition in a special section of Joslyn’s annual report
- Membership benefits to Joslyn Art Museum
By joining the Bodmer Society you will help to foster interest in the art and culture of the American West and will further the exhibitions, programs, and publications of the Margre H. Durham Center for Western Studies. Come explore further this land’s great culture and history by joining with others who share your regard for the West. For additional information or to join this group please e-mail the Individual Giving Manager or call (402) 661-3821.
The membership contribution to join the Bodmer Society is $2,500.
- Bodmer Rendezvous Dinner | October 23, 2013
Invitations will be mailed to all current Bodmer Society members