Joslyn Art Museum Foundation has undertaken an ambitious plan to significantly increase its endowment through cash and estate gifts. A larger endowment will lessen the Museum's dependency on annual fundraising, increase funds available for art acquisition, sustain a conservation and building maintenance program, and support educational programming and scholarly research. Increasing the endowment provides more income for core budget areas and greater financial stability and growth, allowing Joslyn to implement its long-range strategic plan.
Every year Joslyn receives gifts to the endowment of all amounts from donors who wish to help secure the Museum's financial future and ensure the permanency of programs and collections that serve, enrich and engage visitors. The following endowment opportunities have been established:
- General Endowment Fund–The income from this fund is used to support Joslyn's annual programs and operations.
- Art Endowment Fund–The income generated from this fund is used to purchase works of art for the permanent collection.
- Education Endowment Fund–The income generated from this fund is used to develop community-focused education programming for all ages.
- Margre H. Durham Center for Western Studies Endowment Fund–The Museum's internationally renowned collections of Western and Native American art were the catalyst to establishing this fund in order to provide expertise and support for scholarly research of the American West through the organization of exhibitions, production of publications and catalogues, and the presentation of programs. The income from this fund ensures the preservation, interpretation, and celebration of these rich collections.
- Conservation Endowment Fund-Integral to Joslyn's mission is the preservation of the permanent collection for future generations. Income generated from this fund provides conservation assessment and treatment on all collection areas, new and updated archival storage and redesign of all storage areas.
- Sculpture Garden Endowment Fund-The income generated from this fund is used for the maintenance of the Sculpture Garden including the grounds and works of art.
A gift may be designated as unrestricted in order to provide the most benefit for the Museum or a donor may designate the purpose of their endowment gift.
To make a gift to one of these designated endowment funds or for more information on making a gift to help secure the future of Joslyn, please contact the Development and Planned Giving Manager at (402) 661-3843 or via e-mail click here.